Friday, February 04, 2011
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) manages its funds responsibly and prudently. We operate only in ways that are consistent with our mission, strategic vision, and values; our respect for our donors; and our goals of ending HIV/AIDS and improving the lives of those currently living with HIV/AIDS.
Our stewardship includes the following considerations:
- We invest an adequate amount on administrative needs to ensure effective accounting systems, internal controls, competent staff, and other expenditures critical to professional management.
- We compensate staff, and any others who may receive compensation, reasonably and appropriately.
- We recognize the variety of factors that affect fundraising costs.
- We do not accumulate excessive operating funds.
- We ensure that all spending practices and policies are fair, reasonable, and appropriate to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- All financial reports are factually accurate and complete in all material respects.
- We allocate funds through processes that are fair, reasonable, and responsive to community needs.