Entering 2011, we have a historic opportunity to change the story about HIV in Illinois and the United States. We are on the cusp of groundbreaking changes, including improved outcomes in the fight against HIV/AIDS thanks to national health care reform and implementation of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. But the challenges ahead are formidable and demand strategic thinking, creative advocacy, and broad community engagement. Changing the story about HIV/AIDS is possible— but only with your help.
2011-2012 Policy Priorities at a Glance
- Prioritize HIV prevention
- Improve mental health and substance abuse treatment services
- Increase the number of health care professionals offering high-quality HIV primary and specialty care
- Focus on emerging populations
- Reduce the stigma of HIV
- Provide people in prison and jail with high-quality HIV services, including harm reduction and community re-entry services
- Increase access to housing for people
Read AFC's 2011 Illinois HIV/AIDS Policy Priorities.
Read AFC's 2010 Policy Priorities
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 Next > End >>
Page 3 of 3