A memory wall, a powerful video display of photos and words, will honor those who have died from HIV/AIDS and those who bravely live with the disease everyday at this year’s World of Chocolate gala.
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) is inviting people across the nation to submit photos and words honoring their loved ones. The memories will be incorporated into a permanent fixture on AFC’s website early next year.
Submissions should include photos of loved ones who have died of HIV/AIDS or loved ones who are living with the disease. Photos should be at least 600 pixels in one dimension.
AIDS Foundation of Chicago ("AFC", "We", "Us" or "Our"), authorize participating in its Memory Wall Project provided that You retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials.
All information You submit must be truthful and accurate. AFC may terminate Your submission if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false, or incomplete.
We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from You through this Site. Any material, graphics, information or other communication ("User Submissions") You transmit or post to this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will have no obligations with respect to the User Submissions. We will be free to copy, remove, manipulate, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the User Submissions and all data, images, sounds, text, and other things embodied therein for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. We only use any personally identifiable information that You submit on this Site to interact with You directly as it relates to your submission. Your personally identifiable information will not be rented, sold or leased to others.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Site:
- Content that is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, racist, sexist, slanderous, offensive, or other material that would violate any law;
- Content that is protected by copyright or We believe infringes on intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any commercially released film or television footage or professionally produced images, unless used with the express permission of the copyright owner;
- Content which advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods, services;
- Content that promotes illegal activity;
- Content that contains viruses or other technological devices designed to harm or interrupt this website;
- Content that is harmful to minors;
- Content that otherwise violates or infringes the rights of others, including but not limited to intellectual property rights;
- Content that contains any personally identifiable information or protected health information.
We reserve the right to monitor and review any and all such User Submissions. We may also remove Your User Submission at any time and for any reason.
You shall be solely responsible for the consequences that may arise from the content of Your User Submission that You post or publish in the Site. In connection with User Submissions, You affirm, represent, and/or warrant that:
You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms; and
You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in any User Submission will be owned by AFC. These rights include, but are not limited to AFC's rights to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display the User Submissions in connection with the Site, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of this Site, and derivative works thereof, in any media formats and through any media channels.
Links to third-party Websites
Links on this Site to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to You. If You use these links, You will leave this Site. We have not reviewed all of these third-party sites and do not control and are not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, We do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If You decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, You do this entirely at Your own risk.
Linking to this Site
You may create links to this Site from other sites, but only in accordance with the following terms of the Guidelines for linking to this Website and in compliance with all applicable laws:
- May link to but not replicate the content on this Site
- Should not create a browser or border environment around this Site's content
- Should not imply that We are endorsing it or its products
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with Us
- Should not present false information about Our products or services
- Should not use the AFC trademarks without permission
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups
We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13, to remain consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
This Site is administered from the United States. AFC makes no representation that materials or services at this Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If You choose to access this Site from outside the United States, You do so on Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. We may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by such modifications or updates.