The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV and related chronic diseases. We envision a world in which people living with HIV and related chronic diseases will thrive, and new HIV infections will be rare. Our work focuses on improving health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, and being a bold voice for change.
We are seeking for an individual to serve as our Grants and Contracts Specialist. The Grants and Contracts Specialist is responsible for general accounting duties including processing accounts payable and housing checks; reviewing, auditing and processing subcontractor reimbursement requests for payment; monitoring subcontractor expenditures; doing project expenditure projections; preparing monthly reimbursement vouchers and related reports for AFC’s funders; and other accounting duties as assigned.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Contract Review and Monitoring
· Review of subcontractor reimbursement requests;
· Prepare monthly vouchers, accounting and services’ worksheets and related documentation;
· Prepare and distribute of subcontractor agreements and amendments;
· Provide technical assistance to subcontractors in preparing their monthly reimbursement requests;
· Prepare annual audit confirmation letters to subcontractors;
· Monitor grant expenditures, maintain records of use of funds, conduct quarterly expenditure review meetings;
· Provide program department with necessary fiscal reports for grant close-out activities;
· Conduct subcontractor site visits, as required, to monitor compliance with fiscal and administrative requirements;
· Participate in subcontractor renewal activities, including subcontractor budget preparation, and distribution of documents;
· Participate in quarterly expenditure review meetings of contracts;
· Prepare for and participate in fiscal site visits at AFC conducted by AFC’s funders;
· Maintain inventory of client incentives.
· Accounts payable processing, distribution, and electronic scanning of documentation into accounting database;
· Update vacation and sick time accrual worksheets under direction of the Manager, Accounting.
· Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
· Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and 2 or more years Accounting experience
1 or more years’ experience with Intermediate Excel
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
1 or more years’ experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge
1 or more years’ experience working with government funded grants and/or contracts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong attention to detail skill and able to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers.
Ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
Solid knowledge of basic Accounting and the ability to use a financial/accounting software.
Strong ability to use various Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel in order to perform job duties such as creating spreadsheets.
Send cover letter and resume to: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail to AIDS Foundation of Chicago, 200 West Jackson Suite 2100 Chicago, IL 60606, or via fax to (312) 784-9054.
Please reference position code FIN GACS 801
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.